Angela Phillips, PT is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, School of Allied Health Professions. Ms. Phillips has over 35 years of experience as a consultant, health care executive, hospital administrator, educator, and clinician. Ms. Phillips is one of the nation’s leading consultants assisting acute rehabilitation units and hospitals in operating effectively under the Medicare prospective payment system (PPS) and in addressing key issues related to compliance. Ms. Phillips has extensive experience as a speaker and consultant for inpatient rehabilitation, long term acute care hospitals, outpatient therapy, and hospital based rehabilitation services including operational assessment and management, performance improvement, clinical programming, and accreditation preparation.In her role as a rehabilitation consultant, Angela Phillips brings a wide variety of expertise across the rehabilitation continuum of care. She specializes in providing management support for rehabilitation hospitals, units, clinics, and practices. Ms. Phillips is recognized as a pioneer in providing consultation and tools for preparation for The Joint Commission (TJC) survey for managers and staff involved in rehabilitation in various settings.
Ms. Phillips’ areas of expertise include the following:
- Inpatient rehabilitation facility operational enhancement, compliance review, and medical necessity audit defense
- Rehabilitation department management, quality improvement, and § compliance with regulatory agencies for acute-care hospitals
- Medicare PPS requirements and compliance for all rehabilitation settings
- Continuing education in clinical practice and management for rehabilitation professionals
- Competency assessment and training
- Assisting clients in meeting federal and state regulatory requirements for physical rehabilitation services in all settings
- Assisting clients in start-ups of new IRF units and freestanding hospitals including demand analysis, review of construction design and initial licensure and certification
Ms. Phillips has been a frequent speaker for the American Physical Therapy Association and other professional groups. She is author of “The Desktop Consultant: The Rehab Department’s Guide to JCAHO,” “The Desktop Consultant: The Book of Policies for Rehabilitation Services,” and a frequent contributor to physical therapy publications. Ms. Phillips is the 2006 recipient of the Texas Physical Therapy Association’s Tom Waugh Leadership Award. She has represented the American Physical Therapy Association as the Vice President for the Section on Health Policy and Administration and actively participate in political issues that affect the industry.